Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin: Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care
Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin is seeking a highly motivated physician to join our rapidly growing team as a clinician-investigator focused on surgical health services and patient-centered outcomes research. We seek individuals with excellent clinical skills, demonstrated scholarly contributions, a passion for research and education, and a commitment to excellence in diversity and inclusion to join a dynamic department in an innovative, growing medical school.
The clinician-investigator position will be primarily focused on developing a successful research career that will progress from early or mid-career development through to independent funding. Dell Medical School will provide mentorship and shared resources to ensure the greatest opportunity for advancement as a clinician-investigator.
As part of the University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities, the Dell Medical School pursues innovation in the redesign of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and inter-professional education. It is the fifth medical school in the UT System and the first medical school established in nearly five decades by a member of the Association of American Universities, an organization of leading public and private research universities. An extraordinary commitment of resources, both public and private, has already been made to enable the development and success of the Dell Medical School. The School is partnering closely with the community and regional healthcare providers and payers to provide new models for health promotion, healthcare delivery, and clinical care for the community’s underserved population.
The Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care is comprised of faculty in diverse specialties (anesthesiology, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery, emergency medicine, general surgery, orthopaedic surgery, otolaryngology, plastic surgery and urology) with a focus on delivering outstanding care to the community.
The Department’s priorities are:
▪ To develop new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value.
▪ To educate and train future health care leaders.
▪ To develop research programs to evaluate new care delivery paradigms.
▪ Conduct surgical health services and patient-centered outcomes research, including the development of grant proposals and dissemination of new learning and innovations.
▪ Provide high-quality clinical care and clinical teaching.
▪ Mentor or collaborate with other researchers or researchers in training, including medical students, residents, and fellows.
▪ Publish work in high-impact journals; present work at national and international meetings; work with care providers and health care delivery networks to implement research in practice.
▪ This position will include approximately 50% clinical and educational effort, with the specific responsibilities to be negotiated.
▪ Medical degree from an accredited medical school;
▪ Meets applicable credentialing and privileging standards for his/her specialty;
▪ Board certification (or eligible) in surgical specialty by appropriate board;
▪ Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas (or the ability to obtain prior to appointment);
▪ Proven track record of academic accomplishment, including publications and national presentations;
▪ Ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary academic environment;
▪ Excellent clinical teaching skills;
▪ Innovative self-starter with a commitment to excellence;
▪ Proven ability to lead, direct, and influence a team;
▪ Excellent communication, problem-solving, and organizational skills
▪ Eligible for appointment as an Assistant Professor or Associate Professor rank in the Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care at Dell Medical School at UT Austin
▪ Experience delivering care through a multidisciplinary team;
▪ Experience working with leaders in defining, supporting, and managing strategic research initiatives in healthcare;
▪ Familiarity and experience with value-based health care payment and delivery models
▪ Demonstrated experience working with underserved populations
▪ Commitment to excellence in diversity and inclusion.
How to Apply
Please apply online at https://apply.interfolio.com/71033