top of page

Research Fellowship: Mentored Research Training in Aging and Surgery

The Mentored Research Training in Aging and Surgery (MERITAS) program is the first research training program in aging tailored to the unique needs of surgical residents. Accepting 2 residents each year, this 2-year program provides rigorous training in health services research focused on aging and surgery. Fellows will have the opportunity to conduct research from concept to dissemination under the mentorship of multidisciplinary investigators with broad content and methodological expertise. MERITAS fellows will receive dedicated statistical support from experienced biostatisticians, benefit from a comprehensive training curriculum, and participate in a collaborative environment that consists of academic researchers at all career stages.


Accepted applicants will receive 80% salary support in addition to travel and conference support. The remaining 20% is expected to be provided from their home institutions.


Eligibility:

  • Resident in good standing at ACGME-accredited surgical residency program

  • Completed PGY-2 or PGY-3 training at the time of the start of the research program

  • Commit to 2 years of dedicated research, July 2024-June 2026

  • Must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident


Please visit our website to learn more and apply: https://csph.brighamandwomens.org/meritas/




Comments


bottom of page